Cargo Handling AII/2
CAHA20230403: 3-4-5-6-7 April 2023
The Cargo Handling AII/2 course has been designed to meet the requirements of the STCW Convention 1978, as amended, Table A-II/2.
Those who succesfully complete this course should achieve the required standard of competence and knowledge regarding the handling of cargo on board a ship, and to plan and ensure safe loading, stowage, securing and care during the voyage and unloading of cargoes.
- Knowledge and the ability to apply relevant international regulations, codes and standards concerning the safe handling, stowage, securing and transport of cargoes.
- Knowledge of the effect on trim and stability of cargoes and cargo operation.
- Use of stability and trim diagrams and stress-calculating equipment, including automatic data-based (ADB) equipment, and knowledge of loading cargoes and ballasting in order to keep hull stress within acceptable limits.
- Loading and unloading operations, with special regard to the transport of cargoes indentified in the Code of Safe Practice for Cargo Stowage and Securing.
- General knowledge of tankers and tanker operations.
- Ability to explain the basic principles for establishing effective communications and improving working relationship between ship and terminal personnel.
- Knowledge of the operational and design limitations of bulk carriers
5 days (minimum 6 - maximum 12 persons)
€ 1.350,00 (including course material, certificate, lunch, coffee and water)
GO! De Scheepvaartschool - Cenflumarin
2050 Antwerpen - Linkeroever
Antwerp Maritime Academy
A: Noordkasteel Oost 6, 2030 Antwerpen
T: 0032 3 205 64 60