You will find our main campus in the Scheldt bend and you can easily reach it by car or by bike.
Noordkasteel Oost 6, 2030 Antwerp
The Antwerp Maritime Academy (HSS), Campus Noordkasteel, is located north of the Royers Sleeve. Because of working on the lock you have to cross through the Royersbrug (Kant Scheldt).
Bredastraat 145, 2060 Antwerp.
In our Bredastraat campus, Labos are provided for training Scheepscimology and our research team. You reach De Bredastraat via De IJzerlaan.
By car - Note the LEZ!
In Antwerp there is a low emission zone (LEZ) . This means that in some cases you cannot enter your car into town. Certainly for older (diesel) cars this can be a problem. Therefore, always check whether you can enter Antwerp with your car, otherwise you risk a fine. Your car is registered outside of Belgium? You need to register your car through this website.
You can also 'Slim naar Antwerpen' consult to calculate your route.
We have parking near the campus.
By public transport to Campus Noordkasteel
- Tram 24 takes you from the center to the station of the harbor house. From there it is a few minutes' walk to our campus on the Noordkasteel.
- Buses 763 and 764 provide a direct connection between the Rooseveltplaats (PERRON 23) and the Higher Zeevaartschool. You can find the timetable of these services below.
- There are also two special, direct connections (*) with the school: at 8.40 am. A bus leaves at the Rooseveltplaats (platform 23) towards HSS and at 4:55 pm. Is there a bus in the opposite direction.
- Bus 762 takes care of a connection between the Rooseveltplaats (Perron 25) every 30 minutes and the "Ferdinanduspolder" stop (Limastraat, opposite 'The Villa'). Distance to the school: 1000 meters.
- Bus 17 runs from Central Station (Perron 10) and the Rooseveltplaats (PERRON 25) to the Rijnkaai (corner London Street - see indicator on map). Hence you can continue on foot to the school building (distance: 1500 m).
- Hour control of buses 762 and 17: see route planner www.delijn.be.