KB VII/10 and 11
NAV220230315: 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 March 2023
The Astronavigation course has been designed to meet the requirements of the Royal Degree VII/10 and 11.
Those who succesfully complete this course will be able to find position at sea from timed sextant sights of the sun, stars and planets including how to determine compass error from astronomical observations.
- The navigation triangle, apparent motion and time;
- Calculation of UT, twilight, sunrise/sunset, UTA and declination;
- Azimuth, altitude (altitude at meridian passage);
- Sight reduction (altitude by polaris);
- Identification of celestial bodies;
- Orthodrome and Loxodrome;
3,5 days (minimum 6 persons)
€ 595,00 (including course material, certificate, lunch, coffee and water)
Antwerp Maritime Academy
A: Noordkasteel Oost 6, 2030 Antwerpen
T: 0032 3 205 64 60